Tuesday, June 24, 2008

June Randoms


So I think I have the most creative friends. My Friend Tiffany put together a schedule to keep all the kids busy during the summer. Every Tuesday is fun "keep you cool" activity. This week we went to Phx to the Stuffington Bear Factory and learned all about the Teddy Bear. It was really cute! I wish I could say London loved it, but in fact she hated it! Who would have thought she would be scared of a bunch a Teddy Bears? Anyway, i had fun and she loves seeing her cute friends and being around all the kids. Plus, it was nice to have the whole place to ourselves. Thanks girls that was fun!
***************
Part Girl After All!?!
In the last 2 months I have noticed a change in London-she is getting more girly!
She brings me nail polish so I can paint her toes-she hates when dirt gets on them now.
She doesn't mind getting her hair done because she can look at herself in the mirror (although in the picture we just got done swimming and her hair needs major help)
She loves to watch me put on makeup and loves it when I share my lip gloss with her.
She is our dancing queen for sure! This girl loves to dance, twirl and sing! It really is so cute to watch.
She just started to love tea parties with Mom.
She loves getting dressed in the morning and after we agree on a outfit she says, "ahhh cute!"
And last but not least... she is obsessed with shoes! I am not kidding! She brings me the shoes that she wants to wear that day and changes her mind throughout the day a million times. Her favorite thing is to open the shoe closet and say, "SHOES!" She loves to play in Mommy shoes and just recently she loves her cute little dress up shoes. I guess a true girl at heart!



**************
This is a MUST HAVE! While we were in California my SIL, Annie had this game for all the kids to play with and London loved it! When I got home I researched it and read SOOOO many good reviews about it, so I went and got it for London. We play it everyday and I am amazed with how it has captures her attention-She loves it! Its so cute and very educational. Read more about it here

Thanks Annie! We are having so much fun with this one!

This is something else I have been researching and very happy with. I have been trying to figure out fun ways to teach London her letters and this video so far has does a really good job. We have had it about a week and she is doing pretty good. In fact, she had been saying more letters then I have ever heard her say. I also think this a MUST HAVE! She is not a big TV or movie person and its hard to get her to sit still long enough to watch a whole movie, but she doesn't move when this is on.

7 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

what a fun activity. bummer she wasn't into it! how fun you guys all went together. way fun ward you have out there.
she looks darling in her fancy shoes.
and my sister in law loves those letter factory videos. i should invest in some for my littles.

I'll have to check out that game. i generally resist all games since they get into them and loose the parts. or leave them on the ground which turns them instantly into garbage. i'll have to go read that review! thanks for the tip!

Lori ~ LL-K said...

Love the shoes! She is so girly!! That is too cute. I love this stage!

Leap Frog is amazing!! In no time she will know all her sounds!

Anonymous said...

Kimber loves that Letter Factory too...I think it's kinda corny but she likes it and is learning from it. I also got this book at the library for Kimber called "Naughty Little Monkeys" and every monkey is a letter of the alphabet and Kimber loved it so much and learned the letters that I bought for her 3rd bday in May. Kimber also learned to sing the ABC's with this http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/abcsong
at the end it yells 5 and it used to scare Kimber and make her laugh but she wanted me to keep playing it...except now she thinks the ABC song goes like that.

Michelle said...

Letter Factory is AWESOME.
I'm glad London is turning Girly for you :)

hahahah said...

i love it all!! :)

Del Bianco Family said...

Great ideas!! Is the cariboo game just at any toy store? Sounds like London just keeps getting more fun.

The Riggs Family said...

I am so happy that you all get together with your little ones.
The game looks fun, I'll have to try it with the grandkids, thanks! I am always looking for something new.
London is darling!