
This has not been our week. Last week Trip and I were talking about speeding tickets-I was saying how I have never gotten out of one. I could cry, flirt nothing worked for me. He was saying how he got out of most of his tickets. This is what Trip tells me to do, "Just be honest with them and they let you go". So guess what happens the very next day? Yep! I get pulled over. I was so sick that day and had no energy to try to do anything-I just said, "okay, thanks sir!" and went about my business. I was a little nervous to tell the hubby, but he had to understand because he also had some news for me. Yesterday this is what he says, "I met a friend of yours today-he drives a nice motorcycle and he remembered who you were" I then said," oh my goodness did you get pulled over too?" Looks like Trip and I will both be going to traffic school (any volunteers to take the kids... for 4 hours?) and, yes! same spot-same speed-same cop!
We also had a very scary moment this week. 2am Wed morning we woke up to our smoke alarms going off. We both jump up and start running through the house. I went to London room first-Trip runs downstairs. I then see smoke coming from the salon. Turns out it was steam- a lot of steam! Turns out another pipe broke, this time the hot water pipe. Water everywhere...again! Salon flooded again! Down to the kitchen again! This is not our week! But, we were so relieved it was just water, not a fire! That was a freaky moment and my heart is still pounding. Trip also gashed his leg pretty good running through the house. The next day I was cleaning up water and blood all at the same time-lovely!So this week hasn't been all bad, In fact, we have had some really good moments like...
*Awesome family night. We carved pumpkins-I have to say my Ariel pumpkin turned out fantastic! Don't you think? London loved poking hers with a crochet needle and she loved the pumpkin seeds her dad cooked up for her.
* Because my friend saw me get pulled over and she knew i was sick she made us dinner that night. How nice is that!?! Thanks Megan! Rett is 7 weeks old and we are still getting random dinners. Thanks you to all my friends and sister-in-laws you all are fantastic! And the food has been oh so yummy.
*speaking of dinners- I finally feel like we are getting on a schedule and making dinner has become fun thing again. I let London help everyday and she loves it. I think she loves putting on the cute Apron grandma Susan made for her more, but lets face it, we all cook better when we can put a cute apron on right!?! Plus, Trip tell us how cute we are when he gets home-we both love hearing that :) (don't worry the stove was not on)
*We had fewer tears this week from all of us-That's been nice!
*I was able to run everyday this week (running a lot slower but running) Can't wait to start running with all the running girls next week. Lets just pray Rett boy sleeps so I can wake up at 5am to go.
*Rett is starting to smile(although not in picture below) and his chunky legs are so fun to squeeze :)
Hope you all have a good week and a Happy Halloween! And rememer DON'T SPEED! learn from our mistakes :)


7 comments:
Traffic school, that sucks! Too bad you can't ditch and have a fun date instead. Hope that next week is better and that you have a fun Halloween.
I didn't know Megan made you dinner that night... that was so sweet! And TRIP GOT PULLED OVER TOO??!!! Oh my goodness, you guys really HAVE had quite a week!! I still can't believe that the salon flooded again...
London is SO cute in these pics! So grown-up!!!
And I'm so excited for you to start running with us... REALLY, I can't wait!
Okay, this is getting way too long. I'm done now. ÜÜ
That totally sucks. What you need to do is put a stethascope around your neck while driving...works for Dan everytime!
What a crappy week! your poor salon! I have to say, I am loving London's leg warmers! I bet she never takes them off!
That is crazy you both got tickets from the same cop! It was fun having you out running on Saturday, and I am still amazed how much your running with a 2 month old! Way to go!
That is the funniest story ever!!! Oh and I love Londons leg warmers!!!
I am so sorry! That totally sucks. I got pulled over in a school zone for going 6 over. The worst part was that it was a chic that pulled me over- i knew i was in trouble when she got out of her car. Well $1300 ticket- i was sick for a week. i got it reduced to a parking ticket $150 for going to court......and i had to do trafic school. lesson learnd!
Post a Comment