Goodness. I must be growing up. The things i use to save my pennies for sure aren't the things i get now. I am buying cute diapers bags instead of cute purses. I searched craigslist,ebay etc... for 9 months in search of my "have to have" double jogging stroller-times are changing! Today i noticed that my nice glasses/plates keep getting higher on the shelf, and the plastic/non breakable ones are taking their place. Our office/loft is now full of noisy toys. My HOT/LONG steamy showers that i use to love are now replaced with record breaking speed showers. My beauty sleep is now replaced with a cute cooing baby and a asthmatic coughing child (poor La La) My days of waking up 5 minutes before I have to be somewhere are over. I can't tell you the last time I used an alarm clock or left the house w/o a HUGE bag full of "what if" that happens? I am a very prepared Mom. I now want to hug anyone who has more then one child. And, i will stop giving my siblings a hard time when they say they are done having kids. My judgements are now out the window.
My long runs by myself are over
My lunch dates with friends have now tuned into full on workout play dates. You know, where you spend most of your time chasing kids and very little time chatting it up with your friends.
Why I even bother making beds when I have a two yr old who just wants to mess them ALL up anyway. And, you don't get mad because you secretly wish you could jump around in your underwear, too! Plus, their laughs are infectious.
You see leg warmers that are to die for and instead of getting them for yourself you get them in a size two, because lets face it, they are much more adorable on her.

So why do we do it?? Because A. We choose to B. We want to and C. It's worth every second!
Here are the Nielson girls. I sat right by them at the concert Sat night. They are too cute for words! They sang the most beautiful song for their parents. They are a huge reminder of the important things in life. Its very worth it!
Claire and Jane


5 comments:
I agree with ya. Thanks for posting this. You are an awesome mom, Lizzy. :)
isn't this the truth?! you should come to our store & see the cute baby legs {leg warmers} that we have
Wow just reading your post did two things for me. One, it exhausted me! And two, it made me feel all gooey inside just hearing that I am not alone!!!
Awesome post! I hear ya girl!
you are a great mom...i have seen you out jogging am amazed you are even out there...your kids are lucky to have you!
Post a Comment