Sunday, June 29, 2008

Im a big girl now!






Well, It's official London is turning into a "big girl"! This week was her first week in a real bed (no crib) and I must say it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The first night she kept getting out and crying at the door, but i kept at it and kept putting her back in her bed (with out saying a word to her) about an hour later she was sound asleep in the middle of the bed (the first few nights we just put the mattress on the floor) It only took that one night and now she goes right down (after a few books and lots of loves of course). I just can't believe how big she is getting and how fast it goes by. She is in love with her new bed though, and I must say I love it, too! When Chris and I first got married he made me this bed and this weekend we painted it white. The vanity and dresser were mine when i was growing up and now they are in her room-too weird! I am now feeling more ready for this baby to come ( 2 1/2 months) we also worked on his room this weekend and I will post pictures when we are done with it-I love it already though :) ahhhh... it feels good to get some things accomplished!

12 comments:

Lori ~ LL-K said...

What a cute room!!! OK.. You had it too easy!! That is great one night!?!? Can't wait to see pictures of the new baby's room!

Marie said...

Her room is adorable!
Thank you so much for helping in Nursery today, you are so fun and I just wish I had a little one so I could be in the playgroup with you!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Her room is perfect!! The great thing about a bigger bed is that its easy to lay down next to her when she's fussy or sick - good thinking on that one!

snsrose said...

Wow Liz, that is crazy she is in a big bed. Rachel sleeps so much better in her big bed. It looks so cute wish I could come visit.

Crazymamaof6 said...

super cute bed! she has a cute room too! how fun , and Cara is right, laying down with her in her bed is no big deal. love that.

Brooks Family ♥ said...

You have done her room so cute! I love it!!!

Erin said...

Yay for a big girl bed! I'm trying to delay it as long as possible at our house.

sheri rog said...

what an adorable room! and how fun to be using some of her mommy's furniture!
she is so, so cute & i love having you guys come over to play (and VT, of course)
elmo's definitely loved, isn't he?!

hahahah said...

So cute! I love the bedsheets, and oh ya she's one big girl!!! :) she's so sweet and it's nice to see her getting older.

Babbel Family said...

It's not fair that someone so little has such a cute room!

Lauren said...

I'm so glad that the transition was pretty easy. :) Her room is darling. I have stuff in Grace's room that was mine, too and yes, it's very weird. I can't believe how close you're getting to having your little boy! By the way, I'm loving my hair. Thank you!

Melody said...

What an adorable room! Did you do that painting and stenciling?! All so beautiful. Way to go!