52 Blessings
Week 8
This week I feel blessed to have my salon. As long as I can remember I have wanted to be 2 things, a mother and a hair stylist. I am blessed to be able to do both, and at the same time. I am grateful that I had my parents support to go to hair school. I am grateful that I was able to go away to school and experience so much on my own. I am thankful I had such fun roommates who made the whole experience a blast. I am so grateful my husband moved us to DC so I could work with some of the best hair stylist in the business. I am thankful that I didn’t quit, even though I wanted to many times during my apprenticeship. I am thankful we didn’t have any kids in DC so I could experience what it felt like to have a career, at least for a bit. I am so thankful for the confidence builder it did for me. Although being a Mom is my all time favorite job, I feel blessed that I get to escape my everyday life to have some girl chat and some laughs in the salon. I am blessed to have a husband who fully supports me and picks up the slack while I am working. I am thankful that he is handy and was able to put my little salon together for me. I am so thankful that London is patient and allows me to work, even when she doesn’t want me to. At last but not least, I am thankful that I had to work my bootie off to get where I am. Although my parents paid for my schooling I still had to pay for everything else. I am thankful for the value of hard work, determination, and education.
I should note that I only work when Chris is home to watch London or when she is sleeping. I have only had to hire a babysitter a few times. I feel blessed to be a Mom most of the time.

7 comments:
awesome blessing! and that is fabulous you get to do both and had the career for awhile. How fun it would be to work at a salon with talented people and now it is probably a nice break for some adult conversation and creativity! awesome blessing!
I'm blessed to have you living in Arizona to share your love of hairstyling!! Yea for me!
Thank you again for cutting Bryton's hair. I'm a very happy mom. Later that afternoon, he actually said we should have cut his bangs shorter!! Mission standard hair cut...we we come!!
Great blessing! I feel blessed to know you and have you here to cut my hair. (even if it is only every six months!)
I'm very thankful you went to school to learn how to do hair. I love how you do my hair, I love your salon, I just wish I was there more often.
You are so lucky. You have an awesome salon and are so smart that you took the time and put in the work to better your lives!
Hi there! Thank you for the post. I got your email about changing but I couldn't find it! No worries about Utah, major bummer I missed you, but I know how it goes. You are so nice to try though. You really need to get here more often. I always say it, but I wish you would move here! Chris and Jon would get along SO WELL and I would love to you have back! Anyways you all look like you are doing great. All my love.
yea!!!! You're back! I wasn't able to visit your blog for a while and I was wondering what you were up to. It looks like you guys have been busy and having tons of fun! Yippee! Anyway, now that I can see your blog again I will be stalking you more regularly. :)
Post a Comment