Traditions
I have loved reading everyone traditions so I thought I would post some of ours…
*Temple Christmas Lights-in DC, MESA. Or Salt Lake we always seem to see some amazing lights. Lights just make me so happy!
*Christmas Eve Pj’s-I took this from my sisters Ali, Mandy, and Sarah plus I always got a new pair growing up. I love new pj’s! We usually open our “family exchanged gift” also on Christmas Eve.
*Jewelry and pomegranate in the stocking. Santa would always leave something special as far as jewelry went, and the pomegranate tradition I share with my Dad. Chris is so good at keeping me fully stocked with all the right stuff. Stockings are my all time favorite thing. One year My Mom told us she didn’t think we were going to have stockings (trying to fill 10 got a little $$$) I was devastated, but tried to put a big girl face on and told her it was okay. To my delight all the stockings we still hung that year. It was the best Christmas ever!!
*My Mom’s YUMMY cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning. Really they are soooo good. I don’t even like cinnamon rolls, but I sure love hers!! So many memories come into play once I smell them. Thanks Mom you’re the best!
*Reading Christmas stories all December long. This is something Chris and I started together and I just love it-warms the heart!
*Taking turns opening gifts Christmas morning. This was a rule my dad stuck to and I love it because the suspense while waiting my turn was almost as thrilling as the gifts themselves. It also made Christmas morning last so much longer! Chris and I have also stuck to this rule.
*Endless watching of Christmas Vacation. I love watching this movie with my family members, especially my brothers…too funny!! Chris and I are watching it right now and we just can’t stop laughing!
*Christmas Trains- We both love trains!!
I am sure we have more I just can’t think of them all right now, I’ll add as they come to me :)
My most memorable Christmas- This is actually kind of sad, but my most memorable Christmas was when my sister had rheumatic fever and was very sick. She spent Christmas in the hospital. I was so scared that she was never coming home! We took her gifts to the hospital to have her open them, but it made me so sad she wasn’t there with me on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. All the girls (and Mitch) would sleep in the same room on Christmas Eve and it was pure devastation for her not to be there. She got better and returned a few days after Christmas and it was an AWESOME late Christmas gift/birthday gift!
I have loved reading everyone traditions so I thought I would post some of ours…
*Temple Christmas Lights-in DC, MESA. Or Salt Lake we always seem to see some amazing lights. Lights just make me so happy!
*Christmas Eve Pj’s-I took this from my sisters Ali, Mandy, and Sarah plus I always got a new pair growing up. I love new pj’s! We usually open our “family exchanged gift” also on Christmas Eve.
*Jewelry and pomegranate in the stocking. Santa would always leave something special as far as jewelry went, and the pomegranate tradition I share with my Dad. Chris is so good at keeping me fully stocked with all the right stuff. Stockings are my all time favorite thing. One year My Mom told us she didn’t think we were going to have stockings (trying to fill 10 got a little $$$) I was devastated, but tried to put a big girl face on and told her it was okay. To my delight all the stockings we still hung that year. It was the best Christmas ever!!
*My Mom’s YUMMY cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning. Really they are soooo good. I don’t even like cinnamon rolls, but I sure love hers!! So many memories come into play once I smell them. Thanks Mom you’re the best!
*Reading Christmas stories all December long. This is something Chris and I started together and I just love it-warms the heart!
*Taking turns opening gifts Christmas morning. This was a rule my dad stuck to and I love it because the suspense while waiting my turn was almost as thrilling as the gifts themselves. It also made Christmas morning last so much longer! Chris and I have also stuck to this rule.
*Endless watching of Christmas Vacation. I love watching this movie with my family members, especially my brothers…too funny!! Chris and I are watching it right now and we just can’t stop laughing!
*Christmas Trains- We both love trains!!
I am sure we have more I just can’t think of them all right now, I’ll add as they come to me :)
My most memorable Christmas- This is actually kind of sad, but my most memorable Christmas was when my sister had rheumatic fever and was very sick. She spent Christmas in the hospital. I was so scared that she was never coming home! We took her gifts to the hospital to have her open them, but it made me so sad she wasn’t there with me on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. All the girls (and Mitch) would sleep in the same room on Christmas Eve and it was pure devastation for her not to be there. She got better and returned a few days after Christmas and it was an AWESOME late Christmas gift/birthday gift!
1 comment:
I won't ever foret that Christmas...it was horrible.
Post a Comment