Thursday, September 27, 2007

What the heck?

(update- I just went to AZcentral.com and saw my neighbor and his family as the top story-to check it out click here)
Cody, you're right I do feel the need to post about the past 2 days...I just have to!


When we moved to Arizona we decided on Gilbert because of the LOW crime rate. When we drove through our neighborhood we just fell in love and were so excited to live here. Anyway, we had no idea the crime that would go on around us-anywhere from sex offenders to knocks on our door at 3am telling us someone just broke into Chris truck. So the last 2 days have been a scene straight from the movies. Yesterday I went to Lunch with Michele and when we got home cops cars were all over the place. It looked like a domestic situations between a man and women (who knows-Tawni-this was at your old house). So then today Cody, Michele and i were all in my driveway, and and all the sudden cops pull up in unmarked cars and surround our other next door neighbors house. I asked what was going on, but he couldn't tell me anything. He gave me his card and asked me to call if i saw him come home (holy crap). So later i was doing hair and i saw him pull up and go in his house ( i am freaking by this point) i call the the "special agent" but they were already watching the house from their unmarked car (crazy). So me and my client (Atalie) watch from my window as my neighbor walked out of his house(in front of mine) and into the street just to be greeted by cops and taken away in hand cuffs. I later called the attorney generals office and all they could say was that is was a "white collar crime". So all night i have just been feeling so bad for this guy and his family. He has a cute wife with a baby that is 2 days older then London. They are always so nice and it just breaks my heart. So Chris and I were trying to figure out what to do. Do we become better neighbors and try to befriend them more or do we stay the heck away?? Craziness I tell you... craziness!!!

9 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow that is crazy! hard choice on making friends, or backing off. i can't tell ya what i'd do. i have no idea.

snsrose said...

That is too bad. I would tell you to move to Utah, but cops are surrounding my house about once a month because my 35 yr old neighbor try's to beat up his 75 yr old mom.

Brooks Family ♥ said...

Hey! Wow that is insane. I have no idea what I would do.

Amy said...

I can't even imagine! I would be freaked out myself. As far as being friends... that's a hard call. I would probably just be the same good neighbor you have always been to them. Good luck!

Babbel Family said...

He was probably arrested for fraud or something. Maybe some kind of pyramid scheme. Stay away! Maybe I am just in a bad mood becuase I turned freakin 30 today...never know!

Lori said...

I wonder if it was a whole big sting going on in Gilbert. That very same day, I was picking up the girls from piano lessons in the morning, and there was this unmarked police car driving in front of me real slow. I pulled off at the piano teachers house, and they flipped a u-turn and waited in their cars about 2 houses down. I noticed their bullet-proof vests with POLICE written on it. It was kind of freaky, and I wondered what was going on. It was like they were staking out area. (This was in the Settlers Meadow area). So, I wonder if there was a whole bunch of arrests going on for the same operation. Who know. Scary!!

Enjoy the Journey said...

Oh my goodness! That is insane! I have no idea who lives there. The buyers rented the place out. I think that situations calls for some serious prayer and inspiration! That would be the only way that I would feel comfortable reaching out. How are the neighbors just to the north of our old house? Did you ever meet them? They are super cute Peruvians and DeWy loves them. They connected instantly because that is where he served.

Shelly said...

I am so glad you posted about it. It is a big deal. Things are crazy all around. If there is one way to make Cody happy, it is telling him that he is right! :) I hope your neighbor doesn't face 40 years in jail. He will miss his entire family's life! That is so sad! I am glad it is nothing you have to worry about! His wife might need a little extra help from you right now.

top knot extensions said...

That is SO weird, at least it wasnt murder or somthing like that then I would tell you to move!!!