Monday, September 26, 2011

DIY-Pot holder/dish towels


Do your kids always pull the dish towel's down off your stove like mine do? Its actually one of my many pet-peeves. I mean it REALLY drives me bonkers!! This summer my Aunt was visiting my Mom and she brought these pot holder/dish towels with a button and I about died. I asked my Mom if i could borrow hers so I could copy and make some for myself! They were pretty easy and I loved how they turned out (Please note the thicker the towel the harder they are to make- I broke 4 sewing needles in the process of making 3 sets). I also think they make a fun wedding shower gift (right Abbie??)

Supplies you need
Dish towels (thinner the better)
Pot holder with a hook for hanging ( i ended up taking my seem out of the hook and making it bigger so i could use bigger buttons)
buttons
Sewing machine


2 comments:

Erin said...

Such a good idea, I really need to do this!

Brooks Family ♥ said...

I need to know how to make these... so cute!