Sunday, February 13, 2011

How we love-Dinner for two

This year for Valentine's Day I wanted to stay home, but take the kids to the babysitter.

I feel like I never get to enjoy dinner at home with my main squeeze.

One of us is always helping/holding a child and many times our food goes cold before we actually get to eat it. This year I wanted us both to enjoy a meal in our own home.

On the menu:

Milanesa with fresh lemon

Mashed Potatoes

Fresh fruit

Caesar salad

cake log (which I didn't indulge in)



I also made dinner for my parents for Valentine's Day. I let them enjoy it their own home too :)

"dinner in a basket"


If your main squeeze likes meat you should try Milanesa. Its been a family favorite since i was a little girl. I have been in several of my siblings home when they have made it, too.

Chris loves it and feels like its a treat when we have it.

Milanesa

-VERY thin Top Round beef

soak in eggs and fresh garlic for at least 4 hours put in fridge (see picture)

I sometimes soak overnight.


Bread meat with plain bread crumbs

Fry in oil until golden brown

slice fresh lemon (one to two slices for each plate)

squeeze lemon on milanesa.

Its yummy!

Much yummier then the picture looks I promise.



I think we both loved our date night in!

























1 comment:

Babbel Family said...

Yummy! My favorite. That was so nice of you to do it for mom and dad too!!