Friday, May 21, 2010

deja vu-seizures (141)

(London in the hospital after her first seizure May 17, 2007)

Today was a very rough day! Weston has been having episodes for the past few months. The Dr's thought it was just a classic case of Breath Holding Spells- Call it mother intuition i knew it was something else. The last couple weeks he not only has been passing out when he cries too hard, but he also zones out for a couple minutes at a time (no blinking,off in space, can't get his attention, drool down his cheek). I started to document them and take notes to give the Dr. Then today he had a full blown seizure that lasted close to 4 minutes- The Dr told me I need to call 911 when they last over 5 minutes. That was the longest 4 minutes of my life! My parents rushed right over and got there just as he was coming out of it. Chris got home soon after as well. I talked with the neurologist's nurse as he was having it and she walked me through it. Because this happened on the weekend they told us to keep a close watch on him and come Monday we will know more of what is going on. He will be having a number of test in the coming weeks I am sure.


The CRAZY thing is...

London had her first seizure May 17, 2007 (7 months old)-she also had episodes before that were similar to Weston's.

Weston is 6 1/2 months and his first was today May, 21st

I had seizures around 6 months as well-

NON of these have been caused by a fever.

London and myself were diagnosed with a FORM of infantile epilepsy and we grew out of them by the age of two. We are praying that Weston will, too.

Knowing the family history its still hard and still not a fun thing to watch

this kind of deja vu is NOT FUN!

We love you Westy!




(so much for leaving him with a sitter now. He joined us on our date night sat night)

1 comment:

Mallory said...

poor little man! I pray he gets better fast! And they can figure out what is going on and treat it!