Sunday, October 11, 2009

Before and After

So we have a MAJOR book problem in London's room. I have been wanting a bookshelf in there for so long, but I was holding out for the one I wanted (Pottery Barn was my top choice). I have seen on a couple blogs people who have duplicated the Pottery Barn Dollhouse book case and they have turned out so cute. Because I think my husband can do anything I asked if he would make it for London's birthday. He was up for the task. After one night of frustrations and not having all the right tools etc... he asked our friend, Brad for some help. Thank you so much Brad!
Anyway, I LOVE IT!! I am so excited we will have something that is made with Love!

Before: The Mess
I was so sick of cleaning this mess up everyday.

This is the picture I gave Chris of what I kind of wanted.
Pottery Barn it cost $399.00- We did NOT pay that for all the supplies

Its coming together!

This is when he turned it over to me to paint and sand. I was so excited!

Finished!! I love it!
and so does London!






6 comments:

Kathy said...

That is a very cute book shelf, Liz. I wish Mike had the time to do something like that!

Kacey said...

It turned out so cute-wish I had a little girl to make one for too ;)

sheri rog said...

ok...i need one! looks so dang cute. and i love the added piece up there in the corner of the a-frame. adorable!!

snsrose said...

wow that is awesome!! I can't believe how big it is. Good job guys!!

Mallory said...

I love that bookshelf! Can I just steal London's room from you for my little girl? That would help me out a lot!

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

Holy cow! That is beautiful! They did a perfect job! I just might have to put Brig to work now. :)