I must admit, this I am pretty good at.
I just finished another journal. When I went to go put it with the rest, I couldn't believe how many I have finished. I pulled them out and started reading (I have had more time with the salon being down-update on that later).
My Mom told me when I was younger to never write anything I didn't want people to read, I think for the most part I have done that (maybe not the middle school journal). My first journal entry was Jan 26,1989 and my last entry was Aug 8th, 2008. It was fun to read and look back on past experiences that I have had in my life; crushes, broken hearts, mean girls, family times, broken engagements, roommates, dates, trials,road trips, goals, meeting Chris, having London, and being pregnant with baby number two. I feel like I have learned so much through all the things I have gone through, and I will continue to look forward to the chapters that lie ahead. I also keep a journal for London and write cute things she has said or special moments we have had together. I hope to do it will all our kids.
Anyway, here are a couple entries that give me a good laugh and/or warm my heart :)
(Gifts never forgotten)Feb 89- "I got a robot for Christmas! I love my Robot!" I was just telling Chris about this Robot and thought i was funny i came across it in my journal. I wanted a robot so bad and my Mom worked really hard to get me one.
(New Chapters)Aug 17, 2000 " I did it! I moved. I am now a Utah girl! I'm here in my apartment all alone (all the other girls won't move in for a couple days) I don't know what to expect yet. I'm sad to leave my family and friends (especially ...) I must say that I have done pretty well with that whole thing, I didn't cry once" Two days Later Aug 20, 2000 " Life is good! I can't believe how fun college is already. I have only been here a few days and love it already!" I will never forget the look on my moms face as she left her baby in that empty apartment.
(Hard Things) Aug 1,2002 "Right now I am in AZ trying to relax. I have been here for a week now and plan to stay a couple more. I just called off my wedding!" When I called my parents to tell them,"I just can't do it" my dad was in the car that day, drove 12 hours to come get me so I could clear my head. I am glad he did.
(Forever) Feb 23, 2003 "I think I have a crush on a kid named Chris Rigby-we will see..." The rest is history.
(Pure Joy) Feb 14, 2006 "So for the big news of the day...I found out that Chris and I are going to have a baby YIPPEE YIPPEE!!!" Best Valentines day ever!!
(daddy gets his boy) April 10,2008 "...he asked if we wanted to know the sex of the baby, we said Yes! he then looked for a moment then said, "what do you already have?" i told him girl, he then said, "well... your baby girl will have a baby brother". Wow! we are having a boy!" I thought Chris would be more excited. He was pretty quiet, so as we were walking to the car I said, "Chris why aren't you excited...you are getting your boy?!" he then said..."i thought he just told us we were having twins!" It took about 10 minutes for it all to sink in. Trust me he was excited!!
So how are you at keeping journals? Do you ever go back and read them??
9 comments:
Okay, THAT IS HILARIOUS that Chris thought he heard you were having twins!!!!!!!!! I love this post- you are so super good at journaling... something I'm sure you'll never regret!
How priceless! Love it. What a treasure to leave for your kids. I don't journal, but blogging has helped:)
That is something I can attest to! I always remember you laying in bed in our room writing in your journal. I was always so jealous that you had been so good at it. I still to this day SUCK at it. Sorry to be crude.
Either way you are so lucky you have done it. Keep it up, your kids will be so happy!
I am horribly at writing in a journal, always have been. Thank goodness for blogs or I would never write anything down.
good job, lizzy! isn't it so funny to go back & see how silly we were?
i would really forget so much if it weren't for my journal keeping.
way to go! oh yeah...vt is fine next week.
Way to go on the journaling. I'm off and on, but mostly off. I was better when I was younger, so good thing I started blogging! It was fun to read about being up in Utah on your own. Brings back memories!!! Fun times!
That's so cool Lizzy! I wish I were as good as you with journaling! What a fun idea to share some of your entries...it gets the rest of us pumped up!
Way to go journaling! That was fun to read your old entries. I'm hit and miss. The more kids the less I"ve written. I think I'll follow your example and jot a few things down tonight :)
This is a great post Lizzy, I loved that you shared some of your experiences.
I am sooo bad at journal writing, it's been one of my biggest regrets as I look back. Blogging has helped me be more motivated.
Post a Comment