Sunday, May 18, 2008

52 BP, And she's off...

Week 19

This week I am am thankful London is off all medications. It was 8 weeks ago that we started to wean her off her seizure meds and as of today she is officially off. It has been more of a process then I thought it would be, and I am surprised with how much it changed her schedule but it has and we are dealing with it as it comes. I felt at times i was dealing with a new born because she was up ever couple hours the first few weeks, she still has some bad nights but they are getting less and less.When she was up it wasn't like she was crying or anything, she was just wanting to play and watch Elmo :) Other then that she is doing really well, and we are really optimistic that she has grown out of her seizures. It's only been one day, but so far it was a good day and for that we are SOOOOOO thankful!!

I am also thankful for her wonderful Doctor's who took such great care of her the last year. It was nice to know she was in good hands. I am also thankful for my Mom who helped me "mentally" get through that crazy time. She herself had gone through it with a few kids and always was there when I needed her, even if it was just to hold her after one of her seizures so I could regroup (I guess we don't get all the child classes we need do we?) Anyway, we have always had a happy healthy child and now I guess you could say she will be extra happy to be fully herself again. We love you londee girl!

Okay-so these pictures are totally random but they have meaning to me. Its hard to explain but in these pictures is when I noticed something as she was coming off her meds. She was sitting! If you have ever watched London she doesn't sit, and if she does she is still moving like crazy. Since we started the weaning off process she is sitting more and even laying on the ground sometimes just to relax-HUGE SHOCKER!. Crazy I know, but London doesn't stop to enjoy the "sunset" if you know what I mean. Anyway, in these pictures is a glimpse of a slight change in her (for the good) that we have noticed.


Aunt Corie gave London these cute chairs for her toy room. At first I didn't think she would use them but to our surprise she uses them all time!! The Blue one is always hers and the yellow one is for Elmo or her babies. Sometimes she looks at them and decides she wants the chair empty so she will chuck them across the room and say "London's chair"


8 comments:

Jenifer said...

What fabulous news! What a relief!

Kathy said...

Yay. I hope that the seizures go away entirely. They sure are scary and heartbreaking, aren't they?

Kathy said...

Yay. I hope that the seizures go away entirely. They sure are scary and heartbreaking, aren't they?

Tiffany said...

I had forgotten that was happening! I'm so glad its gone so well... what a relief! London is really such a cute, cute girl. I'm so glad she and Sarah get to be friends! What a wonderful blessing for this week!

Lori said...

Yea, this is exciting news. And it sounds like it's been great for her. I love the picture of her sitting with Elmo in the chairs. It totally reminded me of Jessica when she was little. Fun memories. I loved her fun hair when we saw her. Too cute!

Lori ~ LL-K said...

That is wonderful news!!
:)

Erin said...

I'm so glad that weaning London off her medicine is going well. She is such a fun and adorable girl.

Okey's said...

I am so glad that things are going well with London. Even when Brielle is sick it is hard at times, so I could not imagine what you and Chris have been through. Hopefully it will all be uphill from here on out. Hope you have a great time on your vacation!