Sunday, April 27, 2008

52 BP~Week 16 (a week behind)


This week I am so thankful I am not a single Mother. Chris has been gone the past 2 weekends, and although London and I had a good time, I am glad Chris comes home in the end. I feel blessed that I get some breaks now and again. London has a wonderful father and I am so grateful he is in our lives. I admire those who are single parents because it truly is the hardest job ever.I admire those who have husbands that travel a lot or who have to work such long hours. I am also grateful that Chris has a good work schedule and that he doesn't have to travel.
That being said London and I had such a great time just the two of us-I just love that girl to pieces! A few highlights were...
Getting Londs her first pet...a fish! We named her Dorthy from Elmo's world and she loves her (really him but she doesn't need to know that)
Had sleep over one of the weekends with Grandma and Grandpa-so fun!
Stayed up late and watched a movie with Mom-yummy popcorn, too!
Went shopping for baby brother clothes-of course I got her new pretty shoes!
Went for fun walks
got to sleep on dad's side of the bed, well, she actually sleeps ALL over-I didn't get the best sleep.
painted toenails (she finally let me wooohoooo!!)
sang lots, danced more
and last but not least... had about a 100 otterpops each.Pure heaven!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I agree, not being a single mom is a great blessing. I do think single moms are amazing, I don't think I could do it. Thanks for the tip about freezing go-gurts. My kids love them!

Jenifer said...

How fun is that? I always loved painting my girls tiny little toes! And you can't beat otter pops!

Michelle said...

Yes. Being a single mom is the hardest job in the world :)
How fun that you got to spend so much time with London! And that Chris got to come home and give you a break!!
Thanks for the BDay present! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!