
Okay, so I am having major issues with London and changing her diaper-SHE HATES IT!! She is too quick for me, so once I get the dirty one off she is long gone by the time the new one is ready for her. I feel like this is a constant battle!! She kicks, screams, and throws a HUGE fit! I feel like its a full on wrestling match between us. I took her to get X-ray's the other day and just my luck she messed her pants right before the X-ray-When I was changing her, she of course freaked out and hightailed it out of there. By the sound of her scream I am sure people thought I was torturing her. Also, today when I got her from her crib she was diaper free! She had managed to take her bottoms and her diaper off (not sure why this surprises me, she has figured out how to turn the TV on then push her Baby Einstein video in the VCR to play) Anyway, I was hoping someone had suggestions in this department...HELP!!!
Side note-the X-ray was for a unrelated reason and had nothing to do with our wrestling matches ;)
11 comments:
AARRGG, that is so hard. Lilly has started to roll over and crawl away when I change her, too. Sometimes it works if I have something interesting for her to hold and play with while I change her and/or if I talk to her, but it sounds like London might be beyond that...good luck. Maybe get the new diaper ready and underneath the dirty one before you even start. :)
Thanks crysal! I always have a diaper ready, but she is sill too fast. aarrgg is right!!
i change my kids on my lap so they are too scared they will fall off to run away. if the wiggle too much they almost fall off enough to scare them . it works great! it does take some skill but it is awesome when there is no changing table in the restroom.
and what about tape to keep that sucker on. someone else just blogger about their kid. they use tape.
good luck ! that is never fun!
I play peekaboo with Kate while I change her diaper. She puts a blanket over her face and I say "where is Kate" she thinks it is so funny. It works for us. The only reccomendation for taking the diaper off is one piece pajamas. I have a friend that had to put her sons pajamas on backwards because he would unzip them. Kids!
We are still going through that with Parker! He thinks it is hilarious when he jumps up and runs away without a diaper on. Then I have to run around and chase him! We do best when I actually change him on his changing table, and I hand him a small book to look at while I change it. Good luck!
You need to distract her. Give her a sucker or something to hold while you are changing her diaper. Tell her she only gets it if she holds still. She is old enough to understand that. And if that doesn't work spanking works!! :-0 jk
I just remembered when Jack was little I would use his foot like a telephone when I changed his diaper. Weird, I know, but it worked for him.
I remember my little brother was the WORST with that... one thing I used to do (as a 12 year old) that worked on him was to actually "sit" on him- not putting very much weight on him of course- straddling him backwards so that I was facing the diaper. He would wiggle like crazy, but he COULDN'T get away. It sounds wierd... credit it to 12 year old creativity, but it worked! Oh... and those good baby safety pins work to hook two piece pjs together so they can't get them off to get to their diaper... and you can also use the safety pins on the zipper of zip up ones- to pin them in the "up" position. As long as its the kind that you're FOR SURE she can't get open to hurt herself!
So sorry... NO FUN!!!
PS- Your new background is cute!!
I was the worst when I was a baby so my mom put mirror on the ceiling above the changing table. It worked for me. I have done the pj's backwards on Cassidy and a sucker or some kind of candy might work too!
I would spank her butt so hard and tell her you will give her a new mommy if she doesn't do what you say. k I'm kidding, all I can say is good luck!!
Post a Comment