The only reason she is smiling is because the nurse gave her a frog
Mom holding her baby girl during some tests.
London and her IV
Back to the good life and doing what she loves to do

Our baby girl (and her parents) had a rough weekend. London had her first non fever seizure on Sunday evening. It was a hard thing to watch, but even worse were all the test they put her through. Our 7 ½ month old had to endure…
A catheter
5 different attempts for an IV w/ 5 people holding her down (she is now black and blue)
Taking her blood 3 different times
A cat scan
An EEG
And what I call the worst thing I have ever had to witness, 2 attempts for a spinal tap.
My side of the family has had to go though this one too many times, and it breaks my heart that London now had her turn. Her Mom, Aunt Suzanne, Uncle Nate, and many cousins all suffered from a form of Infantile Epilepsy. All of London tests came back normal so they put her in that same category. Hopefully that was her one and only, but Doctors warned us their could be more to come. After a day and a half London was released from the hospital and pretty much back to her normal self. I think Mom and Dad are a bit more traumatized, and it will be something we will never forget.
7 comments:
So sad!
Poor poor poor Mom!!!! It's always harder on the mom and dad than the baby - cuz she'll never remember... but the images stay with you for a long time!! I'm super glad she's feeling better.
Oh Lizzy that is so sad. I cried just looking at the pictures and thinking about you having to hold your little one going through all of this! What a tough cookie she is. Glad that she is happy and back in the pool!
Liz,
You guys are the best parents. London is a pretty lucky girl to have you! I am sure that was a really hard couple of days. We'll keep London in our prayers! She is so dang cute. :)
oh poor thing,for you! and her! all those tests! what a nightmare! i am glad the tests came back ok! what a bummer! i can imagine how sad you must have felt! glad she's feeling better and ready to swim!
I'm so sorry! That is the hardest part of being a parent - watching them suffer. Oh, it just breaks my heart that you had to go through that. I'm sorry I am just now reading about it or I would have brought you dinner or at least a treat to help ease the emotional pain!
that just sucks... I'm sorry you all had to go through that. SLR
Post a Comment