Sunday, April 08, 2012

Easter part 1


When I look at this picture years from now I wonder if I will remember the emotions that happened this day.
I wonder if I'll remember how hard it was to get them ready and on time for church each week, but especially on Easter.
I wonder if I'll remember Everett's HUGE tantrum about wearing his tie and his refusal to take a picture. I wonder if i'll remember Weston phase of refusing to go to nursery and his obsession with that darn pacifier. I wonder if I'll remember having to skip out of church early because I had 2 crying babies and no help (dad had to teach his class). I wonder if I'll remember how at the very last moment I had to rush out and get Lucy a Easter dress because I am still forgetting I have 4 children.
I wonder if I will remember that the only thing I wanted for Easter was a family picture outside, yet I had to settle for a kids picture inside because London has a crazy fear of wind.

If i don't remember those memories i hope I remember these ones...

Weston falling asleep on me in church and becoming still and peaceful.
London facing her fear and getting up to sing with all the primary kids.
Nursing Lucy in the mothers lounge and actually getting to hear a Easter message through the speakers.
Everett telling grandma that today was "his/Everett's" Easter birthday.
I hope I remember how nice it was to have Easter dinner ready for us as we walked in the door at my parents( I cooked for Chris's family the day before and not having to do anything on Easter was a HUGE treat!)
I hope I remember over hearing Chris have a heart to heart with the kids about how they behaved today-Its nice when I don't have to be the bad guy.

Although we have our hard moments, they are just moments. It doesn't last forever and the good things always outweigh the bad.
Happy Easter!
More Easter pictures to come




2 comments:

Erin said...

Sorry but those pictures of Everett make me giggle. He is just so darn cute!

Babbel Family said...

Very good perspective. Maybe be a little teary...I can't lie!! They grow so fast.