Saturday, March 17, 2012
13.1
Every pregnancy I really look forward to running again. Mostly because I'm excited to get baby weight off, but also because it's my guilt free time- my "me time"! It clears my head and keeps me off medication :) for real though ask Chris I always come home a different/ happier person. No wonder he is so supportive of it. Anyway, I really won't stick to running unless I am training for something. 6 weeks after giving birth via c-section I started training for a half that was 9 weeks away. It was hard, but so worth it! I didn't express a goal out loud just told people I wanted to finish, but in my head I really wanted under 2 hrs. The first 9 miles I maintained a 8:30 min /mile pace and thought I would meet my goal. Then at mile 11 I crashed ! I knew I would finish I just got a lot slower. I ended the race at 2:04. I was still happy with my time and proud of myself for pushing my body and finishing what I started. I continue to run and i am looking forward to running another half in 9 weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment