Sunday, October 23, 2011

Before and After- Grandma's night stands


We are still working on the master bedroom. Still lots to do, but we made some progress this week finally!
These nightstands came from Chris's Grandma. His brother gave them to us a few years ago and I have been BEGGING Chris to let me refinish them ever since we got them! He wouldn't let me! A few months would go by and I would try again with no luck! I totally get that he wants to preserve what his grandma left behind, but I am sure she would appreciate a little update on them...right?!?
When I started to re-do our room I told him they would just sit in storage because they didn't match anything we have- he gave in and let me paint them. And when I say "me" I really mean him. Thanks Chris for all your help in the painting department!!

here is a before (two nightstands total)- don't mind the mess and all the cords :)
After
Our bed (which I love) is black with silver trim so I spray painted the hardware to match as well. We used a high gloss black paint from home depot (not spray paint). And I loved how it turned out


Just a little final touch

2 comments:

Jenifer said...

I don't get it...don't you have 3 little kids and another almost here? Yet you can, and paint and do all this fabulous stuff. Love how the nightstands turned out!

Babbel Family said...

Ummm LOVE!!!!