( I did not take any pictures this week so these will have to count for 4 days)
I really don't know what to make of my first FULL marathon experience. To tell you the truth i thought i would feel a lot different afterwords.
i do know that it was hard, challenging, COLD, but overall good!
But I still feel like the same person. I don't feel any more accomplished then i did before. I don't feel "cool" or "amazing" and I still don't feel like I can call myself a runner. I have always struggled with the term "runner".
A few things i learned...
1.I like to run and talk. I wasn't able to find anyone to run with which made for a lonely 4 1/2 hours. Next time I run one it will be with a friend who is about the same pace. My sister is just too fast for me (which i totally get and understand her need for speed-I am just not there yet)
I am use to running by myself, but for 4 1/2 hours is hard.
2.I will have someone at the finish line. It was kind of depressing to get to the finish line and nobody being there. A flood of emotions are going through your body and so when it was all over it was a tad depressing not having anyone there to congratulate you. I know running is suppose to be for "you", but at the end of the day we all still feel the need for a little praise. Chris was really bummed he couldn't be there and it was fun calling him afterwords and telling him all about it.
3. I will be better prepared for crazy weather. It was cold and raining and i still can't feel my thumbs.
4. I will train hills. Finding hills in AZ is tough, but next time it will be a must for me. Although i heard a lot of "its all downhill" I should have known what goes down must go up. Those hills killed me!
5. I will not go to the very beginning of the start line when 2000 runners are behind you. I got trampled!
All that being said...I am so glad I did it!
I will do another one at some point I just don't know when.
The race itself was beautiful! Down Provo canyon in Provo, UT. At times I got a little emotional of the beauty. I would like to do that one again for sure. It was also fun going there with my sister. Although we are on different levels it was fun going through that experience with someone.


1 comment:
I wish the kids and I could have cheered you on but we are so proud of you!
Post a Comment