Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Ragnar Preview

Wow! months of training really paid off :)
12 crazy girls (13 with our pacer/lifesaver!)**202 miles!!! (Prescott to Mesa)**30 hours** very little sleep!**crazy trails, wind storms, hills, water holes, rushing traffic, and pitch dark runs** lots of potty breaks in the oh so lovely port-a-potties**laughing, laughing, laughing!! Some crying! **memories! So many memories!
The big race finally came and went :( we did awesome!! We placed first in our division of being an all girl team and overall we were 89th (223 teams total) That's right I said first!!
I am blessed to know these women. AMAZING!!
we each had goals/paces we wanted to keep. We all accomplished them! It feels good. very good! (this is just a preview more pictures to come)


(top 2 pictures came from Alice-thank you!)
Did I mention my baby is 5 months!?! I am not one to brag. I am just proud of myself for accomplishing a goal that i had. Running at 5am when i still had a newborn who wakes up a few times a night has been so hard, but to have 12 other friends support and cheer you on has been an experience i will never forget. Thank you girls! You really will never know how much you all mean to me.

13 comments:

Babbel Family said...

Can I just say you are freaking, wicked awesome! I am so proud of you!

Melody said...

That is so awesome--first place! I've been checking the blogs as I was excited to hear of your experiences and see some pics. Yours is the first to post this race. Guess everyone else is still recovering Ü

Kathy said...

Good for you Liz. How wonderful to have so much will power.

Susie and Jay Larson said...

Lizzy you rock! Congratulations. I love the socks!

Lori said...

An experience I'll never forget! And yes, we pretty much rocked!! (And I've said it a million times already, but you are AMAZING! Way to do it with a nursing baby!!)

The Lamb's said...

That is soooo impressive! I am proud to know you and can truly understand your pain with the nursing newborn. I could not have done that and am so amazed that you did it! Way to go!

sharry said...

hey lizzy - i knew you were a lamb but there are a few of them so i never really connected the dots. chea's family were in one our first wards when i first married. her sister shani was one of my laurels. we also were in a ward with susan brian lamb in chandler and jerry lamb was one of steve's best young mens leaders as he was growing up...are they related too?!

also - i think all you girls are absoulutely AWESOME for completing that run...unreal! i would love to be able to say i did something like that - but i think it would kill me first. way to go...congrats to all of you!

i am one of those quiet visitors/stalkers to your page - would love to be on your welcome list if thats ok - shaddrakk247@gmail.com - thanks...

Marie said...

That is so freaking awesome!!! What an accomplishment for all of you.

top knot extensions said...

What a HUGE acomplishment!!!

Amanda said...

That is so fun!!! That would be very hard! Good for you guys!

sheri rog said...

how awesome is that? wow!

love the pink socks. so cute!

The Riggs Family said...

I am so proud of you girls, your all amazing, what a huge accomplishment... I love the socks!!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I am sooo impressed with all of you!! This is something I would never be able to do and just sit here in awe thinking about how awesome you all are at making a goal, working towards that goal and then coming in 1st on that goal!!!! I'm so proud to know such famous girls and....LOVE THOSE SOCKS!