Thursday, January 29, 2009

Before and After

Being Resourceful
So it looks like we will be in our house for awhile. I think when we moved in we had a 5 year plan.With this economy and the housing market, I think we might be here awhile. Anyway, it has made me want to do little projects around the house. I am in the process of re-doing my living room. A couple months ago my brother gave me the table that was in my house growing up, but it didn't come with in any chairs. For the last little bit I have been pricing things and watching sales. Although I saw some great deals I just couldn't bring myself to spend money on it. On Sunday while playing outside with the kids i noticed we still had chairs from almost 3 years ago (we found 4 chairs and a table on the side of the road(yes! I have zero pride)-we cut the legs from the table to make a kids table-pictures of that later). I decided to get resourceful. Total Cost $25.00 and that was mostly the paint, the fabric only cost $6 bucks. Obviously this is not my first choice for chairs for this room, but for now it will do.



9 comments:

Shelly said...

amazing! i love home projects. I have a list to do at my house!

Jenifer said...

Gorgeous! Those are so much prettier than any you would find at a store! Good job!

top knot extensions said...

Great job!!! Things are always better when you make them and especially when it doesnt cost lots of money!!!

The Alders said...

good job!! looks GREAT!!

snsrose said...

Good job Liz, they look awesome!!!

Babbel Family said...

That is so funny, I am re-doing mine right now too! Yours look awesome!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I love them - it looks so pretty - and the table is a good one. I have chairs that have been in our family over 100 years. They are old rickety and loud but I love them.

Kathy said...

Wow. Good job. Looks great.

Brooks Family ♥ said...

I love them! You are so talented!