Saturday, December 08, 2007

Half Marathon

Today was my half marathon with a slight twist. I wasn't able to go to California and run with Annie, so Chris made me a route and I ran my own. I was actually extremely depressed that I couldn't run it in California with Annie- I wanted that race experience and I wanted to have someone push me. But still I did it and feel very proud of myself. The race didn't come without any drama. Here are just a few... 1st. it poured buckets and forced me to run later in the morning then I would have liked. 2ND because of the rain we had to change the route very last minute, and I got stuck at 4 stop lights. 3rd-After the first mile I lost Chris and got nervous so I turned back to look for him-We had to start my time over- I had already run a mile (so yea that means I actually ran 14.2 miles today) 4Th- I was so stressed that I wasn't very nice to Chris, even though he was out supporting me the best he could. 5Th- It was freezing (totally different temperature then i trained in) and I was completely numb.
It was a good experience and I am glad that i didn't let any of those things get in the way. Annie, thank you for pushing me. I am so sorry I couldn't be there with you (i know we would have pushed each other and it would have been so fun running with you) I am so happy for you and your great time ( I hour and 57 minutes) what a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday!!
My goal when I started the training was 2hrs 10 minutes- with all those hick ups I finished right at 2hrs 2 minutes, but i know that I could have done so much better had I not had to stop at the lights. But, I am excited to keep training and run another one soon. I have to admit that I now have the running bug. I think it's the best way to get out aggression and meditate at the same time. I really think anyone could do it.
My cheer squad

She was such a good girl-even in the rain and cold.
My running partner for the last 3 1/2 months
At 8 miles
My very own finish line 13.2 miles


Thanks Chris for helping me- i really do appreciate it!!
Thanks Cody and Michele for helping make it possible-you guys are the best!!

15 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

congrats on that! so awesome! way to go! you rock! and Chris is pretty great too. WHOOOHOOO!

Amanda said...

I am sorry- that must have been so hard. Did you say that Your sister-in-law did it in 57 mins??? I think that is a world record. The good thing is there are always more races.

I was raised in a barn said...

oops-she did it 1hour 57 min

Jenifer said...

I am sooo impressed! I'm sorry you didn't get to do it officially, but way to go on doing it anyway. I think it is great that you did that.

Erin said...

Good job Lizzy! A half marathon and a talk in conference all in the same day, you are amazing.

Erin said...

Good job Lizzy! A half marathon and a talk in conference all in the same day, you are amazing.

Babbel Family said...

Good job Lizzy! That is just awesome. Also, mom said your talk in stake conference was awesome! You will be blessed for changing your race!

Michelle said...

Yea for you!!! I wish you would have told me where the finish line was!! We wanted to cheer you in!!!!!
Congrats!!!

Marie said...

Great job on the 1/2 marathon!!
I am so glad Makayla and London are friends :)
I want to WANT to run a 1/2 marathon. Want to teach me how you train for one of those things if you aren't a runner. Is that even possible?

Shelly said...

Good Job Lizzy on your run and your talk. You did great in both! I am glad the bike and trailer worked for you! Did London like it?

Kathy said...

Congratulations on your run. What a sense of accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Hip, hip, hooray! Way to go Lizzy! I think it is great that you didn't just cancel the whole thing since the weather this last weekend was pretty awful! You are my hero for today! :)

Enjoy the Journey said...

Lizzy I can't believe how crazy you are! You have some serious self discipline to run a half marathon all by your self and have to make your own route! Way to go! I so admire you!

honeybee said...

You are awesome! Running in the cold and rain is never fun but you did it! I think I will have to buy a jogging stroller and start training with you after I have the baby. Alice

annie said...

Great job, Lizzy! I'm glad you like to run. We'll have to train for another one soon!