
Today I started training for the Southern California half Marathon . I am super excited, yet SUPER nervous! I have done a few 5K's and some other small races, but I think I am up for the challenge (I hope!) Thanks Annie for getting me all excited and setting me up with an awesome training schedule (the actual schedule doesn't start until next week, but I am giving myself this week to warm up)Anyone is welcome if they want to come join us :) It's Dec 8,2007
London is Loving this training business-I got a new very "posh" jogging stroller so she could enjoy the great outdoors with me. So far so good! 

I am actually very excited about this stroller. Thanks Tiffany for telling me about joggingstroller.com It was so nice to compare other strollers and find the right one for me. thanks to Annie, and Michele F. for sharing their opinions and helping me make the best decision. I was able to find what i was looking for on Craigslist.org for a steal of a deal. The lady had only used it a couple times and it looked brand new and rides like a dream! I have pretty high standards with my everyday stroller from Maclaren but I think the Kelty Jogging stroller is going to be great for running.
10 comments:
Liz, what is your training schedule? Pass it my way. I need to get in shape for my cruise!!!
Liz- I'm so wishing I was there to train with you. I would totally do the halfy with you! There are a ton of 5 k's up here all the time. I did my first one last November at Gilbert Days. I've been eyeing something more challenging. That half marathon would be it. I would love to do it. It's already getting pretty chilly in the early a.m. when I have to run. (5:45 ish) Since the kids went back to school I either have to go early or after they are all gone. That stroller looks like a dream! I hope that London will love it too. I'm so proud of you and your ambition. GOOD LUCK and for sure keep me posted on your progress. P.s. Would you mind sharing your training schedule or where did you get it? Thanks
Way to go, Liz! I did the Santa Barbara Half Marathon four years ago and it was TOUGH, but great. It was so pretty running along the beach. I totally want to do another one. (Have you heard about the Disneyland 1/2 marathon?? That one would be fun!) I told Tiffany we should do the Santa Barbara one next year, so if you enjoy this one in December, maybe you'll want to do another next year. Or maybe you'll be wanting to do a full marathon....(not me, I'm sticking with the halfs =)
Wow I am proud of you. I could not do that. I use to run track, but that was good enough for me. Haha. And of course I will do hair on the side, I love it...This job just pays REALLY well and has lots of good perks so I had to take it. Oh yeah and I signed up for your "Joy" blocks class...I loved them! We need to get together soon and go to the beauty supply store...I only work Monday through Thursday!
Good for you!! I think you are awesome and will be your biggest fan! I have a maclaren too and love it!
That is awesome! I have been wanting to do some marathons, but I have only heard of these really rediculous races from sister in law. She wants me to train with her for a marathon that is 26 miles long!! I told her 5 miles is my max. I get bored with all the running she does. Let me know more about the marathon you are running. That sounds fun to go down to southern California.
I AM SOOOOOO Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am totally wanting to be running right now! And yes... I'm really want to do one next year (I'm totally in Lori) but this one is probably out (due to the fact that I'm due a week before it!) I'm glad you were able to find a stroller you liked- that one looks awesome. You'll have to let me know all your training details... (and sorry we can't be training partners anymore!!)
That is awesome that you are doing a marathon. I can only dream about doing it. I am so out of shape I think I would die! Go you!
I wish I were a runner, it sounds like it would be a great experience, I don't think my knees would hold up. I am really proud of you.
Thank you for doing the board and block class for us, so appreciate it!!
Good luck!
Lizzy I want to do the Southern Cali Marathon with you, but that is a little sooner then I was planning on doing one after the baby comes. We will have a blast running together. I plan to do one in February or so. We will see. If I feel I can get ready in time for that one, I would love to do it. If not Cody and I are in for a Cali trip. We love it there.
Post a Comment