Thursday, September 06, 2007

Freaking out... yet again!

Okay, so we have gone the WHOLE summer w/o seeing a freaking scorpion and yesterday I found one right by London's toy box. The sad thing is, I had just moved her so I could pick up her toys-which means she was playing with the dang thing. I have NO idea how she didn't get stung. We have lived in our house almost 2 years and I think we have seen a total of 6-does that mean we will always just have them??? I always get the bug guy to come out,but I guess nothing really kills them GRRRRRRR!!! I get that we are in their territory blah blah blah, but I am so done with them. I would move from Arizona just to get away from these CREEPY things. Anyone have any advice??? After we see one I go on this cleaning rampage-for some reason they just make me feel like I have a dirty house or something.
(FYI- i have never been the freak out type with bugs,but its a different story with scorpions, they just make me so angry)

11 comments:

Lori said...

Yikes!! That is a horrible picture. Looking at it makes me cringe. We get about 5 or 6 a year in our house. Just the other day I was commenting to someone how we've only seen one this year so far (on the floor right next to my bed), and then that very night we found 2!!! If it gives you any comfort, someone told me that no one has ever died from a scorpion bite. So even though they are creepy looking, they would just sting. (still not fun....)

The Riggs Family said...

Lizzy you are a doll and London is adorable. I enjoyed visiting with you too. I can tell you are a great mom.
Yuck, I don't like these critters either and I don't have any advice on how to get rid of them. They hurt bad when you get stung too. I put ammonia on a cotton ball and tape it to the area. It helps so much with the sting and we have been told that it helps to draw the poision out. Good luck!

annie said...

oh, no! scorpions!!! just move to california!!!!! : )

Tiffany said...

Wow Tina... that's good to know about the ammonia trick! and Lizzy... AHHHHHHHH!!!! Scorpions make me ANGRY too (I do have a chip on my shoulder since I got stung last year...), but I don't know about suggestions. We actually haven't had any since January when we started having our house sprayed by a company... well, I guess we've had two in the garage- but none in the house. But just because I said that I'm going to get Lori's curse (of course when Jimmy's out of town!). Good luck...

Amy said...

Yikes! Scorpions are so scary looking! We only had one in our home in the two years we lived there. It was right around this time too - Is it still monsoon season? Anyways, it freaked us out for a long time. We made our bug control guys come spray more often than they recommended. I don't know if it really worked or not, but it made us feel better.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

We had 4-5 a week in our old house. The bug man helped A LOT! We have all been stung several times and that's not fun. But, you could always get a chicken! JK hehe.

snsrose said...

Oh Liz, I'm so sorry.You have every right to be freaked out. Yes, I know exactly what to do, remember we moved into a rental house (for 3 days) that was infested with them...move to UTAH we haven't seen one sense!!

Babbel Family said...

Okay well we are FOR SURE not moving to Arizona now. I am going to move out of Missouri to get away from snakes!!! I would suggest moving!!!!

Brooks Family ♥ said...

Hey! I had alot of fun today. Thank you so much!

Jenifer said...

Get a cat! Someone told me if you have a cat, you don't get scorpions. I have two and have never even seen one. Worth a try!

Del Bianco Family said...

I totally understand. The day we moved in this rental house there was this huge cockroach in my sink. Then the next day I found a scorpian and made Luke kill it. Then the following day I found another scorpian and I had to kill it since Luke was gone. I thought what have I done to move from a house with no bugs to a house of creepy crawlers. Since the bug man came I haven't seen anymore rodents luckily, but I'm always on the look out.